Transitional Kitchen Design & Renovation Services
Serving NJ & NYC
Transitional kitchen design style breathes fresh life into homes. Tastefully integrating traditional and contemporary styles, a balanced and unique space can emerge. Minimalist color palettes, subtle finishes, materials, and fabrics, all lend themselves to creating a functional yet elegant room.
- Architectural considerations include expansive windows, open floor plans, and lots of natural light.
- Combine curved and straight lines to deliver a look that balances both masculine and feminine attributes for a comfortable design.
- Clean cabinet lines and smooth surfaces are timeless and clean.
- Dark brown/black/gray wood finishes, high-gloss or lacquer finishes are very popular as well as high-end thermofoils.
- Innovative, high-tech details subtly hidden behind beautiful details like accent lighting built into the drawers and doors create a transitional balance
- Sleek stainless-steel appliances can be paneled to match the cabinetry or left visible
- Hardware choices are clean and unadorned with finishes ranging from polished nickel/silver to matte
- Countertops are smooth, solid-colored surfaces like granite, quartz, stainless steel, wood.
- Transitional like contemporary design is often monochromatic. Dark brown can add depth to a neutral balance of taupe, tan and vanilla.