French Country Kitchen Design & Renovation Services
Serving NJ & NYC
French Country kitchen design is elegance meets rustic. Old-world charm offers a graceful and inviting interior. Focus is on the perfect balance of beauty and comfort. European country embraces the warmth and grace of the Provence region of France for example; warm distressed woods, antiques, ornate furnishings, and provincial patterns are all found in these rooms.
- Glazed or decorative faux finishes and woodworking details throughout cabinetry
- Hardware with carved details and a worn finish; oil-rubbed bronze, pewter, brushed metals or any hardware with a patina.
- Architectural details are key; incorporate stone or rough tiles, hand-scraped wood beams, curved archways, intricate moldings and faux wall finishes including plaster or patterned wallpaper
- Fabric choices tend to be richer and more formal using beautiful provincial patterns, like classic toile, with decorative trims, fringes or lacy accents.
- Antiques are an important component to creating a French country space—use an antique armoire as your pantry in your kitchen or use it as a linen closet in the bathroom.
- Integrate a vintage hutch or plate rack into your new cabinetry design for antique dishes or pottery
- Install salvaged architectural ornamentation such as corbels, brackets, and other moldings